Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happy Birthday to You


Today is my second sons birthday. So I thought that while celebrating birth it was time to start another chapter of my life. Blogging. I have had so many people ask me if I was going to write one and I have finally given into the pressure. I know so many people who have blogs these days and I have personally benefited from the information in several blogs. I hope that something that I write may help you in some way!




Today is really important here. Just 5 short years ago we were told our son was Autistic. Having worked with Autistic children for 4 years I knew what that meant and it was scary. I didn't know what level he would function at or what his life would be like, not to mention ours. Yet having a back ground in early childhood education I met the challenge head on and with force. I sought out every early intervention we could get and every help that was out there I took advantage of it. Even in the early years God was leading our path, He put the right people in our path every step of the way. God had been preparing me for this journey my whole college carer. He led me to early childhood and gave me a passion for Autistic children.




So here we stand at year seven in my son's life and God has blessed us SOOO very much. We just learned that our son is not Autistic. He has Chromosome 15q Duplication syndrome. A rare disorder that mimics Autism in many ways.







More about 15q duplication syndrome



Yet I still have a passion for Autistic children so a lot of things I post that I am using for my son may work for you too! Today I am reminded of Bob the Tomato and Lary the Cucumber "God made you special and he loves you very much". God made each one of us in his image. My son was not an accident or a mistake he was planned and God gave me the tools to be his mother. Today as we eat cake and my son giggles because he loves balloons so much I am thankful to be his mother and grateful that God chose him for me!










Happy Birthday!










3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!! Welcome to the blogging world! And Happy Birthday to your sweet boy. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Alek! We love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete