Saturday, January 7, 2012

Into the great Unknown.

I have now set out on an adventure into the great unknown world of diaper making.  If I had know oh I don't know 7 years ago how much cheaper it is (like with everything else) to make my own diapers I would not just be starting.  This is a past time like any other it can be expensive there is soooo much cute fabric out there and so much to chose from, but I did not want it to cost an arm and a leg. Some folks have figured out how to make their diapers for free using things around the house they would have generally given to charity such as old sheets, blankets, t-shirts kids fuzzy pj's ect.  There are even those who can find wool sweaters at their local good will and make covers.  I however just started from scratch with some PUL I found on clearance and some supper flannel from walmart.  When I am done each diaper will have cost about $5 to make.  The best part is I don't have to guess if it is going to fit my child.  Did I mention WHY I had to make diapers??? I have a not interested in potty training 2 1/2 year old who is rather thick through the bottom.  NOTHING I have really fits with out pinching and rubbing her skin red.  So I set out to not spend an arm and leg on new diapers for her.  I found a free pattern and some helpful websites and I was off.  I will of course share pictures when I am actually done.  So far let me share some helpful sites I have found:

This is for fitteds

This is a great step by step in pictures!

This is the web site your husband will ban you from :)

Free pattern I am using

great place for lots of free patterns and help.

These sites are only a very very small sampling of what is out there the Internet is a wealth of information on this topic and all I have to say is WOW.  I have no pictures to add right now but I will leave you with this:

This was my baby when she could fit into the regular sized diapers!


and this is her now

No comments:

Post a Comment